Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday love.

Rarely do I find myself enjoying a Monday, but today was one of those days.

Yes, it was the beginning to another week, but the fact that this week is fall break does not hurt.  Knowing I have to survive fewer days of work helped make the day easier to endure.

Secondly, Kyle is done with football.  As much as I LOVE spending my Friday nights cheering him on, I am so excited to spend the afternoons together during the week.  Any more time I get to spend with my hubby is a treasure.

I am happy to say that the last reason today was such a good day was because of my students.  We had some meaningful discussions, which I'm sad to admit is a rarity.  However, today I saw a different side of my students.  They were capable of holding mature conversations about a wide range of topics concerning life, adolescence and love.

I love little moments that provide me with a sense of pride in my students.  It's days like today that I am reminded why I do what I do.

Thank you, students, for providing me with that much needed reminder.

Here's to hoping the rest of the week can live up to today!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment